Sunday, July 6, 2014

SELF-DISCOVERY OF Healthy Hair Care

By Robin D. Groover

Growing up with long thick hair was delightful beacuse my mom took care of it daily. She always was combing and brushing her mommy love all throughout my hair, it was like fertilizer. Certainly, I am not the only person that grew up and starting asking the question “Where’s my hair?”


“Where is my hair?” is the question that most women are afraid to ask. We have heard and seen it all. Our hair has been abused, confused and used. This challenge sparked my desire to research The Truth about Healthy Hair. 

A Self-Analysis is the first step for hair freedom, knowledge and results, The Healthy Hair Lifestyle is all about step-by-step systems, techniques, and tools.Embracing authentic hair beauty is a gift. We must nourish our hair for optimum health and manageability.


Let's explore 10 Questions to help you find  Your Hair Groove!

My Hair Groove by Robin D. Groover 


What do you love about your hair?

I love my volume, texture, health and versatility. I really love that it is all mine. Once I had a weave addiction.

What are your hair goals?
My hair goals are to nourish for continuous length retention, healthy and extremely manageable!

What are your hair challenges?
My hair challenges are dryness and consistent schedule for hair care. The other struggle is gray hair. I want color however, I don't know which color!

What products do you use?
My products are pretty consistent, unless I am in research & development. Groove Therapy for cleansers and conditioners, Urban Bella for Curl Care, Design Essentials for Wet Styling and Carol's Daughter for a little magic.

What tools do you use?
My tools are always ceramic, ionic and moisture infusing. There are few high performing brands that I prefer ranging from a comb to hood dryer.

Are you allergic to any product ingredients?

Allergies show up without warning. So far sulfur is the only ingredient that irritates my nasal passages. I am most allergic to hair chemicals that kill the strand and occasionally a scalp! 


Do you have any scalp challenges?
My scalp has been treating me well.

How often do you currently visit the salon?
My salon care visits at least every 3-4 weeks

What professional hair services do you currently receive?
Steam Therapy for treatments, color, design (cut) and Ceramic Fusion Styling

When were you most unhappy about your hair?
It was super short, brittle and over-processed with a few thin spots. The manageability was horrible. It would swell sucking moisture out the air. My challenges began with aggressive color, relaxer and pressing comb. *True Story This was in the early 90's.